Welcoming new angel investors to Nuvocargo
Nuvocargo is proud to highlight the newest group of angel investors added to its Series A round. This group of recent investors has unmatched experience in building successful multi-billion dollar startups and scalable business models in both the U.S. and LatAm. From launching what many consider to be LatAm’s first super-app to disrupting traditional industries like financial services and real-estate, these names are behind some of U.S. and LatAm's most successful startups.
We are excited to be working alongside them to modernize trade across the Americas, and to highlight a few of the accomplishments that make them so incredibly special to Nuvocargo.
In Latin America
- Sebastian Mejia (Co- founder & President of Rappi): founded in 2015 as an on-demand delivery service, Rappi now boasts over 10 million monthly active users, and has created over 150,000 jobs in LatAm. Rappi has raised ~$2 billion from Sequoia, A16Z, Softbank, T Rowe Price, among others, and was most recently valued at $5.2 billion dollars.
- Florian Hagenbuch and Mate Pencz (Founders/co-CEOs of Loft): with the mission of bringing Latin American real estate into the e-commerce age, Loft has quickly scaled to hundreds of employees and has raised over $750 million from D1, Baillie Gifford, A16Z, QED Investors, Thrive Capital, among others. It was most recently valued at $2.9 billion dollars.
- Gerry Giacoman Colyer (Founder/CEO of Clara): founded in Mexico less than a year ago, Clara aims to be the financier for the management of expenses within companies in LatAm, already securing over $30 million dollars of investment from DST, General Catalyst, Monashees, among others.
- Nico Barawid (Founder/CEO of Casai): Mexico-based Casai is bringing luxury and technology to the hospitality industry, recently landing $48 million dollars for its Series A round. It is backed by A16Z, Kaszek, among others.
- Rodrigo Sánchez-Ríos (Co-Founder/President of La Haus): Colombian startup La Haus is working to digitize LatAm’s residential real estate industry, recently raising $100 million dollars in Series B investment from Jeff Bezos, NFX, Greenspring Associates, Acrew Capital, and more.
In the U.S.
- Eric Glyman (Co-founder/CEO of Ramp) and Karim Atiyeh (Co-founder/CTO of Ramp): built to disrupt the traditional credit card industry, Ramp is the fastest fintech in New York to reach a billion dollar valuation. It has raised over $170 million dollars in equity from Founders Fund, D1, Stripe, Coatue, among others, and was most recently valued at $3.8 billion dollars, just two years after launching.
- Alex Bouaziz (Co-founder/CEO of Deel): making it easier for companies to hire and manage remote teams, Deel has raised over $200 million dollars from Y Combinator Continuity, Spark Capital, A16Z, among others. It was most recently valued at $1.25 billion dollars, three years after it was founded.
This new group of investors joins a diverse and inspiring group of existing investors that includes QED Investors, NFX, Y Combinator, ALLVP, MAYA Capital, Magma Partners, David Velez (Founder/CEO, Nubank), Michael Ronen (Branded/SoftBank, who led Flexport’s $1B Series D round), FJ Labs, Clocktower, Raymond Tonsing (Caffeinated Capital), Satya Patel (Homebrew), Sebastian Castro (Founder, Kushki), and more.
Nuvocargo was founded in late 2019 and has currently raised over $17 million dollars in funding. With the mission to simplify trade across the Americas by providing an all-in-one digital platform for US/Mexico trade, Nuvocargo has consistently grown revenues 30% month over month since launching and grew revenues by 25x in 2020.
Today, the team is growing to 60+ employees in the U.S. and Mexico, and that number will likely double in the coming 12 months. Nuvocargo is hiring across multiple teams and has recently added several new hires to specifically serve the supply side of its marketplace. It is also in the final stages of developing a series of add-on financial products for shippers and carriers for supply chain finance between the U.S. and Mexico currently being piloted with several customers - offerings such as cargo insurance, carrier quickpay, trade finance, and more.
Learn more about Nuvocargo’s mission, team and open positions here.